Tagging recommendations for UK heritage data.
Location or area of a historic military engagement.
- english_heritage:id=<identifier id used by english heritage>
- name=<name of battle> (optional)
- date=<date of battle> (optional)
See also 
Legally protected buildings under UK law
- building=<yes or one of the building values>
- listed_building=<designated type of I, II* or II>
- listed_building:ref=<identifier id used by english heritage>
- name=<name of building> (optional)
Other tags that can be used include tourism=attraction, etc.
Parks and Gardens
An area listed in "Register of Historic Parks and Gardens of special historic interest in England" 
- historic_garden=<designated type of I, II* or II>
- historic_garden:id=<identifier id used by english heritage>
- name=<name of garden> (optional)
Historic sites may be tagged with leisure=garden, place=locality, tourism=attraction, leisure=park depending on land use.
Protected Wreck Sites
A scheduled ancient monument protected under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979 .
- scheduled_monument:id=<identifier id used by english heritage>
This may be combined with associated tags such historic=archaeological_site, historic=ruins, historic=castle, tourism=attraction, etc.
World Heritage Sites
Data that was derived from English Heritage datasets  should be attributed as:
Some roman roads are shown on OS Streetview, 7th series and NPE. They are distinctive in being very straight.
Historic parkland with current mixed usage:
Historic archaeological site:
- name=Medieval moated site of Guildford Park Manor, Manor Farm